Admission to B.Tech. Degree Programme is based on VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) conducted all over India and also in abroad.
Procedure of admission
- Advertisement given regarding issue of application forms, important dates etc., in all leading newspapers all over India and notified in the VIT website.
- Applications can be obtained from selected Post Offices / may be obtained by post from VIT.
- VITEEE is conducted in major cities all over India and also in abroad.
- Publication of results in leading websites.
- Call for counselling in batches and allotment of branches on the basis of the rank.
- Candidates, should apply separately to VIT for admission with score card of the specified examination.
- Selection of candidates is done based on the CAT / XAT / MAT/ GMAT Score and the performance in Interview and Group Discussion conducted by VIT in major cities.
Admission to MCA and M.Tech. Programmes is based on VIT Masters Entrance Examination (VITMEE) conducted by VIT in major cities across India.
Procedure of Admission
- Advertisement published in leading newspapers regarding the issue of application forms, important dates etc.,
- Application forms can be purchased at select post offices / or obtained through post.
- Entrance examination conducted in major cities all over India.
- Selection is through counselling based on the rank secured in the Entrance Examination. Preference is given to the candidates with GATE score for M.Tech. admission.
There will be no entrance examination for admissions.
Candidates will be called for an counselling in the order of merit based on:
- The aggregate of total marks secured in the +2 / Higher Secondary Examination for UG / M.Sc. Biotechnology (5 year integrated) programmes.
- The aggregate marks secured in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in the +2 / Higher Secondary Examination for M.S. Software Engineering programme.
Candidates will be called for an counselling in the order of merit of their aggregate marks secured in their undergraduate degree programmes calculated upto the fourth semester or second year, whichever is applicable (This is inclusive of Languages / EOP and all the subjects they have studied upto pre-final year).
- Candidates for admission to other UG programmes will be selected based on the performance in the H.Sc., / Intermediate, and for PG programmes based on the performance in the UG degree.
- Eligible candidates shall be called for counselling and the admission is decided based on the marks in the qualifying examination.
Candidates, who satisfy the criteria prescribed, will be called for a written test and / or interview to be conducted at the University. Selection will be based on the previous academic performance and the performance in the test and / or interview.