The following Regular Programmes are available in VIT
- Dual Degree
( View details from the website, under ‘Admissions - Courses Offered’
The Office of International Relations co-ordinates and supports international students from partner universities interested in pursuing Internship/Project or Course Work in their area of interest.
Students from partner universities
should have registered in their home University
Once the application is accepted by VIT, a letter of invitation will be sent to enable the student apply for his visa. The student should keep the IR office informed of his travel itinerary.
- Statement of Purpose
- Transcripts of academic performance
Credits earned for the course work or Project carried out at VIT University will be transferred to the home University.
Students from partner Universities would be offered tuition fee waiver as per the terms and conditions of the agreement but would have to pay for their living expenses.
Students from non partner universities who apply would have to pay a bench fee (as applicable), apart from living expenses
VIT has started the following joint / twinning programmes with renowned Universities Abroad.
- M.Tech. and M.Sc. Sensor System Technology in collaboration with UAS Karlsruhe, Germany, supported by DAAD.
- M.Tech. and M.Sc. Communication Engineering in collaboration with UAS Darmstadt, Germany, supported by DAAD.
- B.S and M.S in Manufacturing Engineering Technology and B.S and M.S in Software Technology with State University of New York (SUNY).
B. Tech. Mechanical with specialization in Energy Engineering developed with academic support from UAS Aachen, Germany, Technical University Eindhoven, Netherlands and IIT Madras, India.
- M.Sc. Process Engineering and B.Sc. Chemical Engineering at Caledonian College of Engineering Oman, Muscat.
- Academic cooperation with Chinese universities enables students to study the first two years in B.Sc. Computer Science, B.Sc. Multimedia & Animation and B.Com at their home university (China) and the next two years at VIT. Emphasis is laid on improving their English language skills.
The short term programme at VIT University is designed for international students from partner/ non-partner universities, who wish to spend a short time in gaining knowledge and hands on experience in areas related to Indian culture, art and craft and social work.
Duration of program- 4 weeks
Food and accommodation provided
Trips to places of historic interest or tourist spots arranged
Workshops conducted on
- Indian Dance – Bharatanatyam
- Indian Art and Craft
- Indian cookery
- Social Work-Working with an NGO
- Eligibility - 18 years of age and above.
- Accommodation - Shared air-conditioned accommodation in VIT university Hostels (Separate for boys and girls).
- Programme Costs - 1000 USD for 4 weeks
Costs Include: Accommodation, food and travel to sights of interest, within Vellore. (Accommodation and food costs for travel trips outside Vellore, extra)