ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
- Conducting extensive surveys for need assessment and to assess the prevailing status
- Organising training programmes for Women Self-Help-Groups on
- Bio Mass Plant
- Vermi Compost and Culture
- Masala Powder
- Computer Applications
- Organising periodical medical camps
- Organising vocational training and placement activities
- An MoU has been signed with Young Professional's Platform for Agricultural Research for Development (YPARD) - an International Organization, Leibniz University of Hannover, Germany
- An MoU with the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) represented by the Small Industries Service Institute (SISI), aims to establish 240 Business Clubs in South India.
- An MoU has been signed with TVS Motors for organising vocational training programmes jointly.
- One of the recent activities is the inauguration of PMRY (Prime Ministers Rozgar Yojana) - Entrepreneurship Training Programme with the support of the District industries Centre, Vellore.
KNOWLEDGE DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
- GV School Development Programme (GVSDP):
- Under this scheme, programmes are organised every year to improve the quality of education in the district. The Major programs include:
- Special orientation program for Headmasters and Teachers of Schools (Primary, High and Higher Secondary levels) in the district
- Honouring students and teachers with 100% pass in school-leaving Government Examinations
- Organising periodical Science Meets and Exhibitions
- Organising Career Counselling programs in partnership with leading Tamil dailies
- Providing special training on Basic Computer skills and Internet
- Organising free sports coaching camps, including swimming camps during summer vacation
- Providing infrastructure facilities such as furniture, computers, buildings, basketball courts, maintenance activities like whitewashing, etc.
- Endowment awards to encourage meritorious performance among students in rural schools.