VITTBI considers the following technology areas as thrust areas, taking into consideration the market demands of the region:
- Automotive/Mechanical Engineering sector-related products and services
- Biotechnology-based products
- IT and IT enabled services
- Energy and Environment-friendly solutions
- VITTBI has established a Product Innovation Centre consisting of a Rapid
Prototyping Facility that can produce prototypes in ABS plastics material from
CAD models, CNC Machining Centres and a Co-ordinate Measuring Machine
- A second Product Innovation Centre that offers state-of-the-art equipment
for the development and testing of biotechnology-based products
- Access to VIT's faculty and academic experts
- A mini-library with books on Technology, Marketing, Business and Finance
- Internet facility
- A conference room with LCD projection facility
- Common Facility Centre and Discussion Hall
- Furnished office space
Seed Fund Support
VITTBI has constituted a Seed Support System for start-up companies with assistance from the Technology Development Board, Govt. of India, to offer early stage financial support for deserving ideas/technologies requiring up-scaling and related work. The quantum of financial assistance ranges from a minimum of Rs. 10000 to a maximum of Rs. 2.5 million.
- VITTBI is a member of InfoDev, a World Bank group network of incubators
that support initiatives focussing on ICT for developmental purposes. This helps
VITTBI to interact with incubators across the globe for sharing knowledge,
information and best practices. This linkage also helps incubatees of VITTBI to
profit immensely from this linkage.
- Lemelson Recognition and Mentoring Program (L-RAMP) Nodal Centre: The nodal
centre assists innovators among students and faculty to work on innovative
ideas. The scheme of Support includes financing prototype development, mentoring
and building networks for commercialisation.
- TePP (Technopreneur Promotion Programme) outreach Centre at VIT-TBI: VITTBI
is one of the outreach centres of the TePP, jointly operated by the Department
of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) and Technology Information
Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) of the DST. It is a novel programme
intended to extend financial support to individual innovators for converting
their ideas into working prototypes/models. TePP endeavours to tap the vast
innovative potential of the citizens of India.
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Programmes: VITTBI conducts Entrepreneurship
Awareness Programmes for promoting and developing an entrepreneurial culture
among students and companies in and around VIT.
- Technology Entrepreneurship Training: VITTBI imparts conceptual and
skill-based training to students identified for "Technology Entrepreneurship
Training" This training imparts them with knowledge of the process of venture
creaton after completing their studies.
VITTBI's focus is to create commercially successful high-tech ventures, and nurture them by offering complete support by way of providing the resources these ventures need at the start-up stage.